Setup Script Options
Gluu Server 4.0 is now in public beta. Take a test drive today!
setup.py script will bring up a prompt to provide information for
certificate as well as the IP Address and the hostname for the Gluu Server.
The prompt with example values is provided below.
Please log in using the username
admin and the password from the setup script prompt e.g
hlE3vzf0hMdD or the password entered
If a resolvable DNS host is not used, then it must be added to the hostname of the Operating System hosts file on the server running the browser.
Please remove or encrypt the setup.properties.last file as it contains the clear text passwords for LDAP, admin user, keystores, and 3DES salt.
The errors can be found the the
setup_errors.log file and a detailed step by step installation is found in the
setup.log file under the
Use a FQDN (fully qualified domain name) as hostname and refrain from using 127.0.0.1 as IP address or usage of private IP is not supported and not recommended.
Script Command Line Options#
setup.py script can be used to configure your Gluu Server and to add initial data
for oxAuth and oxTrust to start. If
setup.properties is found
in this folder, these properties will automatically be used instead of
the interactive setup.
The administrator can use the following command line options to include additional components:
- -a Install Asimba
- -r Install oxAuth RP
- -p Install Passport
- -d specify the directory where community-edition-setup is located. Defaults to '.'
- -f specify
- -h invoke this help
- -n no interactive prompt before install starts. Run with
- -N no Apache httpd server
- -s install the Shibboleth IDP
- -u update hosts file with IP address/hostname
- -w get the development head war files
- -e Download JCE 1.8 and install it
- --allow_deprecated_applications Give the option to install Asimba and OpenLDAP
- --import-ldif=custom-ldif-dir Render LDIF templates from custom-ldif-dir and import them in LDAP
- --listen_all_interfaces Allow the LDAP server to listen on all server interfaces. This is required for clustered installations to replicate between LDAP servers. If not enabled, the LDAP server listens only to localhost
- --allow_pre_released_applications Enable options to install experimental features, not yet officially supported.
# ./setup.py -as This command will install Gluu Server with Asimba and Shibboleth IDP.