Gluu Server components have cryptographic keys and X.509 certificates that are stored inside the
chroot. The details of the certificates are given below according to each component. The certificates
are available in the
The certificates for
Passport authenticaiton are
passport-rp.jks, passport-rp.pem, passport-rs.jks. The SCIM certificate is named
scim-rs.jks and the OTP certificate is named
Additionally the following
json files are avaibale which are used in different custom scripts for multi-factor authentication.
Updating Apache Certificate#
The certificates must be manually updated from the
There are many tools that can be used to update and renew certificates. By default Gluu uses OpenSSL. If you have questions about using other tools, like Let'sEncrypt, check the Gluu support portal for existing threads. If there is no existing information, sign up and open a ticket.
The private key cannot be password protected, and the public key must be base64 X.509.
Please backup your full
/etc/certs directory and
cacerts file under
/opt/jdkx.y.z/jre/lib/security/ folder before updating certificates.
Please follow these steps shown below to update the Apache SSL cert:
- Save the latest SSL httpd key and certificate in the
- Rename them to
- Import 'httpd.der' into the java keystore
/ Convertion to DER, command:
openssl x509 -outform der -in httpd.crt -out httpd.der
- Delete the existing certificate to avoid ambiguity due to presense of 2 different
certificates for the same entity after importing the new one:
/opt/jre/jre/bin/keytool -delete -alias <hostname_of_your_Gluu_Server>_httpd -keystore /opt/jre/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit
- Import certificate in to Java Keystore(cacerts):
/opt/jre/jre/bin/keytool -importcert -file httpd.der -keystore /opt/jre/jre/lib/security/cacerts -alias <hostname_of_your_Gluu_Server>_httpd -storepass changeit
- Delete the existing certificate to avoid ambiguity due to presense of 2 different certificates for the same entity after importing the new one:
- Restart LDAP server, apache2/httpd and Identity Services.
service solserver stop service apache2/httpd stop service oxauth stop service identity stop : service solserver start service apache2/httpd start service oxauth start service identity start
Install Intermediate Certificates#
Please follow the steps below to install intermediate certificates:
- Log into your Gluu Server container.
- Keep your intermediate certificate in the file
/etc/httpd/conf.d/https_gluu.conf, and add
- Restart the service of the httpd server.